Speaker > Biography
Fritz Paul Du Bois Freund
Editorial Advisor & Columnist
Business Administration, London Polytechnic (1977-1979)
Faculty of Humanities, Catholic University in Lima (1972-1975)
INSTITUTO PERUANO DE ECONOMIA (IPE), Lima (1999 - up to date)
- General Manager
The Peruvian Institute of Economics (IPE) is a non profit private association engaged in studies for the balanced and sustained development of a market economy. IPE has published 90 papers on the financial system, foreign trade, pensions, taxation, labor, mining, property rights among others. The latest two publications being a study of the social sectors and on the investment gap in public infrastructure. IPE also issues a daily economic bulletin to over 8,000 subscribers and monthly macroeconomic forecasts.
- Main Publications:
- Dollarization of the Peruvian Economy: Risks and Opportunities -1999.
- La Reforma Incompleta: 19 studies about pending structural reforms in Peru - 2000.
- Programas Sociales, Salud y Educación: A Review of Social Policies in Perú 2004.
Additionally, during this period IPE has published: Integrando el Perú al mundo -
Free trade benefits for Peru- 2001. La Brecha de Inversión en Infraestructura – Public Services & Infrastructure, Productivity and Growth in Perú -2003. La infraestructura que necesita el Perú - Investment gap in public infrastructure -2004. Tratado de Libre Comercio con los Estados Unidos: Una oportunidad para crecer sostenidamente – Economic impact of the FTA with the USA - 2005. El camino para reducir la pobreza – Private and public investment in infrastructure- 2006.
EL COMERCIO - NEWSPAPER, Lima
- Editorial advisor and columnist (2001 – up to date)
MINISTERIO DE ECONOMIA Y FINANZAS, Lima (1991-1998)
- Chief Advisor to the Minister of Economy and Finance (1993-1998)
In charge of formulating and implementing economic policy, with particular emphasis in structural reforms.
- Head of the Structural Adjustment Loans Unit (1992-1998)
Negotiation and completion of 9 structural adjustment loans with the IADB and the World Bank, for a total amount of USD 2,275 million. Disbursements on compliance of 412 conditions of reform mainly in foreign trade, financial sector, public & private pension systems, privatizations, poverty alleviation, tax simplification, labor market, competition policy, property rights among others.
- Advisor to the Minister (1991)
INSTITUTO DE COMERCIO EXTERIOR, Lima 1991
Within the process of opening the Peruvian economy, undertook the closure of this institution that controlled all aspects of foreign trade, transferring or terminating its responsibilities, personnel and offices.
- Trade and investment
INTERNATIONAL COMMODITIES ORGANIZATIONS, London
- Peruvian Representative (1982-1990)
- International Sugar Organization (1988-1990)
Spokesman for producing countries
- International Sugar Council (1987)
- International Coffee Organization (1986-1987)
Chairman of the Executive Board
COMMERCIAL OFFICE OF PERU, London (1980-1988)
- Commercial Counselor
Trade and investment promotion, negotiation of exports quotas in agricultural commodities agreements and of bilateral debt.
A&N VOGEL, London (1977-1979)
- Ship broker
Sale and purchase of vessels.
MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS (PERU)
- Calidda (2007 – up to date)
- Austral (2006 – up to date)
- Interbank (2006 – up to date)
- Negusa (2004 – up to date)
- Edegel – Generandes (2003 – up to date)
- AFP Integra (2001 – up to date)
- JJC Contratistas Generales (2000 – up to date)
- Limatex (2006 – 2007)
- Interinvest (2002 – 2006)
- Grupo Sindicato Pesquero del Perú (1999 – 2006)
- Corporación Financiera de Inversiones (1999 – 2005)
- Mapfre Perú Vida Compañía De Seguros (2000 – 2003)
- NBK Bank (2000)
- Banco del Progreso (1999)
- BBV Banco Continental (1997 – 1998)
- Telefónica del Perú (1997 – 1998)
- Petroperú (1996 – 1998)
- Corporación Financiera de Desarrollo (Cofide) (1996 – 1998)