The 7th Annual Raffle
We are pleased to announce the Wharton Global Alumni Forum Raffle in Lima on March 12-14, 2008.
A raffle is a game of chance, in which contestants purchase tickets which give them opportunities to win excellent prizes. Winners are determined by the chance event that their raffle tickets are drawn. The only actions required by the contestants are to purchase the raffle tickets and to be present at the Raffle Drawing when the prize-winning tickets will be drawn.
Starting on Wednesday, March 12th all participants in the Forum will have the opportunity to purchase as many tickets as desired at a cost of US$10 (or equivalent in other currencies) each. The more tickets you purchase, the greater your chances of winning one of the prizes. You will be able to purchase tickets at any time during the Forum. At lunch on Friday, March 14, the winners will be drawn and announced immediately.
In keeping with the tradition of the Forum Raffle, the proceeds from the sale of tickets will be donated to a charity chosen by the members of the Organizing Committee. This year, the charity chosen will be “Centro Ann Sullivan del Perù”, making the impossible, possible — A first class program, in a third world country, with fourth class resources. To learn more about this worthy organization click here.
Raffle prizes are donated by the school and by alumni. The list will grow over the coming months. At present, prizes will include:
- Free tuition at a one-week Wharton Executive Education Program in Philadelphia or San Francisco
- 10 books published by Wharton School Publishing (delivery included)
- A case of Nicaraguan Rum, donated by Alberto Chamorro, W’78
- A custom-made Nicaraguan hammock, donated by Tono Baltodano, W’73
- Hand chiseled silver flower vase (height 31centimeters) donated by Camusso
- 2 gift certificates for a 3 day/ 2 night trip for two people to Machu Picchu, donated Inkaterra (nature travel).
For more information, or if you would like to donate a prize, please contact Ms. Genevieve Sherick at email@example.com.